In 2007 over 6,000 young people from across the United States came together at the University of Maryland for the first national youth climate summit. These 6,000 students received training towards clean climate action and attended talks from House speaker Nancy Pelosi, Congressman Ed Markey, Green For All’s Van Jones and other inspiring environmental leaders.
An extraordinary 12,000 young people assembled in Washington DC for Power Shift 2009. Over 6,000 of those attending contributed to the largest citizen lobby day in United States history and successfully petitioned to take the White House off coal power.
Power Shift 2011 is taking place in Washington D.C. April 15-18th at the Washington Convention Center. General Registration closes March 27th! Register now!
What to expect:
• Trainings, canvassing, workshops and panel discussions to empower the next generation of grassroots activists.
• The opportunity to network at the Job and Organization fair with is hosting over 100 organizations.
• A chance to share any environmentally inspiring art work in the L Street Bridge.
• A keynote speech by EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson!
• Thousands of students, young professionals and movement supporters lobbying for clean energy.
Are you ready to lead your country towards a clean energy future? Are you ready for a real power shift? It’s time to take action!
Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook!